Wiki-style render selected but not applying on view issue screen

Daniel Lohrmann September 13, 2018

Hi everyone, 

I've set up several custom fields with the wiki style render selected in the field configuration. However, while the renderer is visible on the create issue screen (I can see the same markup bar as in the description), none of the other screens are rendering the markup. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I know that the field configuration (schema) are correctly applied since it works on the create issue screen.

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2018

Hello Daniel,

Unfortunately, the behavior you mentioned is a bug in the new Issue view which was already reported to our development team:

Wiki Style Renderer does not work for custom fields

That being said, I believe that Atlassian development team is currently working to fix it. Please, feel free to watch the reported bug to be aware of new updates.

Daniel Lohrmann September 16, 2018

Thanks for the info Petterson. Is there a timeline for the fix? Thanks! Daniel

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2018

Hello Daniel,

There is no date informed in the bug to fix it, however, the number of customers affected has increased the priority of the ticket, so I believe that it should not take too long.

Please, feel free to provide any comments on the ticket on how that bug is affecting you so our developers can have more feedback and better prioritize it.

Daniel Lohrmann September 17, 2018

Ok, thank you Petterson!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
September 18, 2018

You are welcome, Daniel!

Have a nice day.

Developer Qlue January 24, 2019

Hi, we are experiencing the same issue and would like this issue to be solved. Is there any update?

Cheers

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
January 25, 2019

Hello,

Unfortunately, our developers have not provided any updates about this bug yet, however, you can directly comment on the reported bug to verify if they already have anything about it:

Wiki Style Renderer does not work for custom fields

Cheers.

Deepak Lohar May 4, 2021

My team is having the same question. I would like to know when this issue is gonna be resolved?

Ryan Robson October 11, 2021

Wow, this was originally reported in 2018 and has still not been addressed? Same concern here.

0 votes
Darlene Adler March 1, 2019

We have this issue as well, and it's killing me having to answer all the questions about why the markdown isn't working.  Please fix this.  I'll by drinks, coffee or matinis for the team that fixes this!

Suggest an answer