Why [manual] jira structure won't allow duplicate user stories for each parent?

I'm setting up a manual JIRA structure that contains  a user story as a parent but I want to be able to manually add another user story as a child but it appears that the JIRA structure wont'[ allow duplicate childrend

P1 (user story)
...C1 (user story)
...C2 (user story)
P2 (user story)
...C2 (use story) <- this isn't allowed

Can somebody tell me how I can include that C2 user story as both a child in P1 and P2?  Thanks!

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Shayne,

If you are talking about the Structure plugin, this will be available in the new Structure 3.0. We are planning to demo the pre-release version on the Atlassian Summit in San Francisco in November and then the public beta will follow.

If you want, we can add you to the early adopters list and send you a notification, once the beta is out.

Please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eugene

(ALM Works)

You can't do it in plain JIRA - a child always belongs to a single parent issue.  I suspect the structure Add-on doesn't allow it either.

Thanks for the info all!  @Eugene Pavlenko, please do add me to early adopters list.  Thanks!

Eugene, could you also add me buddy. I'll be interested in trying this out... (darren.pegg@odonus.co.uk) smile

Shayne, sure. Could you please give us your email? (here or you can send it to support@almworks.com).

Darren - done smile

Thanks buddy thumbs-up

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

578 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you