Why is my create sprint button missing

We have JIRA Cloud v JIRA v7.1.0-OD-03-049.  I am trying to add a sprint for planning purposes.  I already have a sprint started that I am planning to close.  I wont be starting the new sprint until I've completed the already started sprint.  When I go in to the backlog the create sprint button does not come up.  The project has two boards.  Both boards are filtered based on RANK ASC.  I have the Administer Project permission for every project in our JIRA instance.  I also have the Manage Sprint permission for the project in question.  I don't know what else to check to make the button appear.

3 answers

I'd already done that.  I just confirmed that the check box is checked.

Are you the board administrator as well?

Is this still being reviewed?  I need to get this issue resolved.

I believe we have this setting on, for our part.

My privileges for this admin page has been removed, so I suspect that also can have something to do with it.

we are experiencing similar problem, we have 4 boards on our project, one for each part of the delivery process. The two earlier boards seem now to be 'locked', I cannot create new sprints or start a sprint that was created in another board. I can get around with some creative magic, but I cannot see why this happens.

Could it be because all sprints at one time were closed and that 'closes' the board?

0 votes

I'm having the same issue with the create sprint button missing while I have an active sprint. I've checked my permisisons and the defaul sort is Rank ASC for the board.

Any updates on how to fix this?

This was user error on my part. The Create Sprint button is not at the top of the page, it is sitting on top of the Back Log section. Where there is no active sprint the button was at the top of the page. With an active spring the back log section gets moved down. 

It would be nice to have that button be a different color that off-white so it stands outs (same is true of the Start Sprint button)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,815 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot