Why is my comment not visible after a issue transition to closed?

Janine Bohnenberg January 29, 2015

Hi,

i have a transition named "Close Issue". I assigned a screen to that transition which allows me to add a comment when i transition my issue from any status to "Closed". Unfortunately that comment is not visible in the comments section or in the activity stream.

I checked the screen with other transitions. The comment is visible. I did not found a clue about my problem via internet search.

Regards

10 answers

1 vote
Madhur Bhatia September 20, 2019

All my transitions have a post function "Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition." 

But  when i enter my comments on the transition screen, it does not show up on the issue screen 

Valentin Lévrier November 6, 2019

I have the same problem, I want the comment to be mandatory when making a particular transition, made the needed screen, it displays as expected and all but when I validate my comment on transition screen it doesn't appear on the issue display screen and I must write it again...

0 votes
Maciej W April 29, 2021

Got the same problem.

In my case it was due "finish"/"Closed" status property jira.permission.comment.user which was set as "disabled"

0 votes
Khushal Chate October 1, 2020

Hi Can anybody add the Resolution here?

0 votes
Jyoti Bisoi September 20, 2019

Is it resolved?

0 votes
Andrew Harwood September 11, 2019

Same problem.

0 votes
Jyoti Bisoi January 6, 2019

same issue, Please suggest

0 votes
Tommy Cordery August 3, 2018

SAME PROBLEM!!!!!

0 votes
Mikko Salama January 2, 2018

Exact same problem here, if I transition the ticket open the comments are visible again.

0 votes
Matt Shelton February 21, 2015

I'm having the exact same problem – let me know if you figured this out!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2015

Could you have set the comment visibility to a restricted group?

When i added the comment, the visibilty was "Viewable by All Users". Apart from this i can see all other comments that where made on transitions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2015

Ok, this sounds like it simply hasn't added the comment at all. I would check your log file for warnings and errors at the time you performed the transition, but my best guess is that you accidentally cleared the comment before committing the transition.

I will check the logs. Iam sure that i did not cleared the comment. I tested it too many times. :)

Suggest an answer