I changed a few issues to closed status (marked as green), but when I press on 'open issues' I see them in the list. I would like to see only the open and in progress ones.
1. Add a screen on the transition to the closed status with the resolution field. In this case a user who will make the transition will set the resolution mannually.
2. Add the Update Issue Field post function on the transition to the closed status. In the post function set the resolution field to a suitable value. In this case the resolution will be set automatically
You should do either 1 or 2. If you want the resolution to be set manually then number 1, if you want the resolution to be set automatically then number 2.
Yes, you should edit the workflow. You can read more in the following link about editing workflows
The issues which you already closed will not be updated. You need to update them manually. Choose either:
1. If you have Adaptivist ScriptRunner add-on then there is the Bulk Fix Resolutions built in script.
2. You can create a transition from the Closed status to itself. And add there Update Issue Field post function in which you update the resolution field. Then you retrieve all issues which are in the closed status and resolution is empty in the issue navigator. Then you can use bulk change functionality to execute the created transition on the selected issues.
Read more about bulk change here
That is right. If you have no outgoing transactions from a status then you can not add a new outgoing transaction to the status if the workflow is acitve.
You need to creata a copy of the workflow, then make all changes to the copied workflow and add the workflow to the project workflow scheme instead of the old workflow.
No, they don't.
You can do the following:
1) Add a temporary transition in your workflow that leads from your 'Closed' status to your 'Closed' status, basically points to itself.
2) Add a post-function to this transition that sets a resolution.
3) Bulk edit the issues that are in 'Closed' status but have not resolution (you can use this JQL: status = Closed and resolution is empty). On the bulk edit screen select "Transition issues" and pick the transition you've just created.
4) After your issues are transitioned feel free to remove this transition from your workflow.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in talking to 20 people planning t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG