While cloning an issue how to copy specific fields

Sakshi Jain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 16, 2022

While cloning an issue, all the fields are copied from parent to cloned issue. I want to copy only specific fields.

1 answer

0 votes
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2022

Hi @Sakshi Jain ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Cloning action is supposed to make exact copy of data presented on issue. You can always edit this issue later.

If you know you will need to copy certain issue, you can make a template from it with only required data, then fill it on the copy created from that template.

There are 3rd party apps which can help in making templates or modification of issues. 

I'm from the team behind Excel 365 Connector for Jira app, in which you can easily modify or create new issues and ... use Excel features to populate data: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222961/excel-365-connector-for-jira?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview 

Sakshi Jain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 17, 2022

Hi @Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_ ,

Thank you for the quick response.

Instead of using 3rd party tools, can we fulfill this requirement using script listeners. If yes, can you please provide a sample script.

Suggest an answer