It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Where to define the default value for Update Parent Issue options when all Sub-Task are Done? Edited

Where to define the default value for Update Parent Issue options when all Sub-Task are Done?

Please refer to screenshot.
I would like to have "Done" as default value, but I cannot find any transition post-function in my workflow related to Update Parent Issue: where this information is taken from and how can it be changed?

image.png

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Riccardo,

Currently, it’s not possible to set a default value when closing the parent issue. Usually, it does not show more than one transition, but it seems that you have more status with resolution and that’s why it shows both options.

Screenshot 2019-09-24_16-14-32-895.png

For now, we don’t have any feature request suggesting this, so please, feel free to raise a feature request on jira.atlassian.com (project JSWCLOUD) adding more details about why this feature is important for your environment.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thanks for the answer, Angélica.

As per your hint, I opened a "Suggestion" on JSWCLOUD:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18445

Thanks for sharing Riccardo!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

275 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you