Where to check deleted projects

Hi All,

I need to know what are the projects deleted on a particular date. Could you please help where to find (log name) and any specific patter to look for.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Regds,

Pawan

2 answers

1 vote

You can't - it's not really logged. If you have Jira behind Apache (or another web server), you might be able to find a reference to the screen for confirming the deletion if you look through the logs for that, but I don't think you can identify the actual project from there.

I think JIRA has a similar access log under the <jira installation dir>/logs/ directory in which you can look at (grep) the following text pattern:

DeleteProject!default.jspa?pid=xxxxx

However, this does not contain the key of the project. If you have an older XML backup, you might be able to look at that file for this 'pid' and find out which project.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

138 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you