Where is the documentation to re-order statuses in the user interface?

mikemezzmichael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 14, 2020

Hi,

I do not have administrative privileges. 

"re-order statuses in the user interface" - we are using 7.1 so the functionality should be there.

I would like to ORDER BY my JQL by status in this order:

Done

In Review

In Progress

Ready

To Do

Backlog

Can you please give the code and/or the link to the documentation where this can be found?

thanks,

Mike

1 answer

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Hi @mikemezzmichael ,

so, in general, using "ORDER BY status DESC" should do the trick (you can even try ordering by status category) but if I am not mistaken you will have to make sure that in the administration the statuses are in order as well. This sequence is relevant, too.

And this can be tedious work if you have lots of statuses in your instance. So if your administrator is not amused, maybe point him at Admin Toolbox for Jira (that's our little time saver for admins by the way) on the Atlassian Marketplace. This will enable him to use drag & drop to order them and you get your problem solved as well. :D 

Best, Max

mikemezzmichael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 17, 2020

I do not have an administrator privileges so that is not an option.

Thank you for your reply. I was referring to the link:
confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-re-order-statuses-675385085

and states:

which includes the ability to re-order statuses in the user interface

I will look into 'ordering by status category' and also have a work around by creating separate filters and gadgets.
Thanks again,
Mike

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2020

Hi Mike,

just a thought, try to get in touch with an administrator to get this sorted out for once. This will help you and all others running into this. :)

Suggest an answer