When Parent Issue status is update automatically all sub tasks status also to be updated

Mahesh Kallepalli February 5, 2020

Hello ,

Our requirement is when issue is created based on custom field check multiple sub-task will be created now when parent issue status is changed automatically all sub task's status also to be changed.

Could any one help me how to achieve this task.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

Hello @Mahesh Kallepalli

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you would like to create two automation rules:

1 - When an issue is created, add new sub-tasks to it depending on the value selected to a custom field in the original issue.

2 - When that parent issue is transitioned, all the sub-tasks must also be transitioned, keeping the same status as the parent

I believe those automation rules can not be achieved by Jira itself, however, there are some apps that can help you achieve those goals, Like Automation for Jira.

In fact, the app mentioned above provide you with the exact instructions to achieve your need in both links below:

1 - Add sub-tasks on Issue Creation 

Following the instructions In the link above, you'll just need to create an extra "IF" condition to check your Custom field value and then select which sub-tasks must be created.

2 - How to keep sub tasks and parents in sync in Jira 

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer