When I create sub-task, copy parent value to automatically.

IllYoung Chung September 14, 2015

스크린샷 2015-09-15 오후 1.57.52.png

스크린샷 2015-09-15 오후 2.00.45.png

There were some issues while I used the JIRA, hope you help me out.

I’d like to the parent description's value copied automatically when I create subtask. 

I tried the "Copy to Subtask Plugin", but it didn’t work so I was trying to use the "Script Runner".

However, on "Script Runner", the create subtask was not the one I was looking for.

In order to function automatically, I had to start the ‘event’ but JIRA doesn’t classify the ‘subtask’ inside the ‘event’.

If there is a way to copy the ‘parent description’ to ‘subtask description’ automatically, please let me know.

The script is fine as well.

Thank you for your help in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015

Hi,

You can do amazing stuffs with script runner plugins but if I am not wrong your requirement is just copy description from parent when you create sub-task right ?

If this is your requirement than you can use JIRA Suite Utilities free plugin which has this post function called 

"copy value from other field" , from parent to sub-task. You can add this post-function in the create transition for the sub-task.

Taha

Vinee Pradeepan December 3, 2016

Is there a way to do it in the DataCeter Version of JIRA ? The plugin you've suggested is not compatible with 7.1.9 ? Appreciate your answer.

Suggest an answer