What is the maximum number file attachments can be done for creating an issue?

Mayank October 5, 2019

I'm trying to create an Issue using a Jira Rest API with necessary meta data, now i need to attach some files(More than one),If Possible? what is maximum number of files that i can attach??(All files not exceeding 10MB)

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 5, 2019

Hi Mayank,

As far as I know, there is no limitation in the number of files attached of an issue, however there is a limit for the number of attachments displayed (30 by default) on a single issue throught the UI.

This can be modified as shown in the Configuring file attachments article:

Configuring the number of files shown in the content of ZIP-format files on issues

By default, JIRA shows a maximum of 30 files in the content of ZIP-format files attached to an issue. To change this maximum value:

1. Access JIRA's Advanced Settings page. (See Advanced JIRA configuration for more information.)

2. Edit the value of the jira.attachment.number.of.zip.entries property by clicking the existing value and specifying the maximum number of attachments you want to show on an issue.

3. Click the Update button to save the new value in the JIRA database.

Let us know if your doubts has been solved or if you have further questions regarding this topic,

Regards

Suggest an answer