What is necessary and suffient authentication for Jira - Stash application links?

According to What are the Stash URLs that JIRA needs to access? Trusted application links are recommended for when the Stash uses Jira's user directories.  Yet, JIRA Development panel displays error even though other app is of correct version recommends using OAuth for application links, with the implication that Trusted will not give the required functionality.  (JIRA 6.3.15; Stash 3.10.2)

If Stash uses JIRA for its users, what is necessary and sufficient to link JIRA and Stash together?  Does it need both  Trusted and OAuth?  Just OAuth?  Or just Trusted?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Wayne,

It seems some confusion occurred from the Answers link you posted: that's actually a bit old, being from a time before the Development Panel was used, so in fact previously Trusted Applications could be used (when Source tab was used to display Stash information), but the Development Panel was made to work with OAuth.

That being said I'd recommend removing the Application Link and re-creating it, leaving it as default (which is with OAuth only enabled). Despite having the same users in JIRA and Stash I'd also recommend to not check the option "The servers have the same set of usernames", to avoid the OAuth configuration to use impersonation.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

54 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you