What are project workflow types

Ben Gidley August 18, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Project types and workflows

Is there a single document describing the project type choice? 

Our users creating projects don't know which one to pick - I can find various answers in the docs for some of the types but no single list. It's not a good idea to ask a question of users without providing information as to what the consequences of the decision is!

1 answer

0 votes
Roberto Luis Rodriguez-Estevez August 19, 2016

Hi Ben,

I am not sure, this answer your question. Apologize me if I am wrong.

When you start creating a new project via Projects / Create Project in JIRA you should see a Dialog with different project templates classified by Type.

Each project template comes with a short description. (For example: "Scrum software development" Agile development with a board, sprints and stories. Connects with source and build tools.)

To see the meaning of the project types (Software, Businesss, ..) see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/jira-applications-and-project-types-overview-776637041.html

I hope, this help.

Regards, Roberto

Ben Gidley August 19, 2016

Hi,

That pages goes some of the way - but for example I have a new PM who has never used JIRA before and he wants a new project. The first question JIRA asks him is why type, there should a page somewhere with a 1-2 paragraph description and an if I want this, I select that.

Suggest an answer