We have a story issue type and for that issue a subtask should be created automatically

kanaka prasad ponnuru March 6, 2021

Hi team,

We have a story issue type and for that issue type a subtask should be created automatically and that should(subtask) be closed within 10 hours.

How to achieve this? Can someone guide me on this.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

So do I understand it correctly you want to have the story issue creation automated including the sub-task creation - then there should be a check when the mark of 10 hours is passed and given that the story alongside with the sub-task will be closed?

Could you please explain what is behind this requirement - this could help others to identify if the said is understood correctly.

A story which is closed after 10 hours is a quite unique requirement so I am just wondering if something else was meant.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2021

There are a few plugins that would do this for you:

Plus a few others if you search in the marketplace.  Automation for Jira might be better suited for what you are looking for because it could open the subtask and then also auto close it.

kanaka prasad ponnuru March 7, 2021

Ok, we are using automation for Jira.

So can you please tell me how to write automation.

For a story issue type a subtask should be created and that should be closed within 10 hours so that parent issue will also be closed.

So how to write automation rule to achieve the above issue

Suggest an answer