Using the JIRA Structure add-on to provide hierarchy

Randy_Elias May 17, 2017

Hi Folks,

What I'm trying to do is fairly simple but I can't find a simple way to do it.

I am using JIRA portfolio to create Gantt charts and track time spent against JIRA issues compared to estimates. I want to recreate the portfolio view in Confluence so I'm using an add-on called Structure to recreate this hierarchy. I follow the instructions at:

http://almworks.com/blog/2017-01-track-portfolio-plans-real-time.html

However, when I try to Group by Parent Link from Portfolio for JIRA, I get the following error:

Error.png

What exactly does this error mean?

Thanks,

Randy 

2 answers

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2017

Hey Randy,

Sorry for delayed reply (we're still trying to figure out the new site and notifications).

When you add a generator, it is important to select the parent node correctly. The generator is added under that node and affects the part of the structure under that node. In your case, it seems that you were trying to add a generator under another generator, which is not possible. The message tells you also that you can drag the generator as a normal row to a correct position.

Kind regards,
Igor

0 votes
Randy_Elias May 18, 2017

Bump.

Any ideas from anyone?

Suggest an answer