Using jira workflow toolbox, is there a way to automatically assign a task to a sprint?

Wes January 30, 2020

I'd like to add a post function on a transition that essentially says, if the task isn't in the current sprint, sent Sprint = current sprint. Is this possible with JIRA Workflow Toolbox?

I'm trying to add the "Update issue field" post function where I write in Parsed text (advanced mode) into Sprint but I'm not sure if there is a way to assign the current sprint.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2020

Hi @Wes

it's possible to add issues to a sprint. Jira Workflow Toolbox offers the virtual field Sprint ID for this purpose to set the Sprint field of the issue. The challenge is to provide the correct value for the sprint. There's no simple "current sprint" available (but sprint start and end dates) and if you have a look at the list of sprints in the Sprint field you will notice that a lot of sprints will be displayed (if available in the system). So you have to find a workaround for getting the right Sprint ID. Through filtering for a specific issue/a set of issues and reading the value for example. This is all depending on the complexity of your board/project setup but you can get there. :) 

Best, Max

Suggest an answer