User from custom field does not receive email notification

Oleg Drobot November 25, 2020

Hi.

I added custom field "Approvers" to notification scheme for status "Resolved" in my project. But users in this custom field does not receive email notification when issue resolved. How can fix it?Capture.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2020

Hi @Oleg Drobot 

With regards the above, I will suggest using your Notification helper from an issue where this field is populated to check if the user receives a notification for the event.

Also, confirm the user has at least browse project permission for the project.

Thanks.

Oleg Drobot November 27, 2020

Hi Ismael. User have permissions. For example he is a member of group K4SD-JIRA-IT-GROUP (see screenshoot), and he is receiving email when issue is creating. But for "issue resolved" not received. Account is uploading from AD and same like in group.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2020

In case the mail server is under your control I'd suggest having a look into the mail log. This is the source of truth and you can say for sure if the mail goes through or not.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2020

Also adding to what @Daniel Ebers  mentioned, go to Logging and Profiling if you are the JIRA Administrator.

1. Enable Debug mode for outgoing mails
  2. Resolve a test issue. (Note the time you resolved it).

Go to your log and you should see in there if JIRA did send out an email to the person in question.

Please remember to disable the debug mode of your outgoing mail after the test as it populates your log if an email is fired for every event.

Also, ask the person to check their spam if the email is received.

Suggest an answer