Upload attachment using csv

jonas.back@fmm-mora.com February 21, 2018

I am running Jira Cloud and I am trying to upload an attachment, but it doesn't work. I have a file on my computer that i will upload and i put in "file://fs01-ost-mor/public/Movex12/IMG_0565.JPG" under field "Attachments". When I import i get this answer "Attachment file not found or not readable, skipping: /data/jirastudio/jira/home/import/attachments/fs01-ost-mor/public/Movex12/IMG_0565.JPG"

Can't i have the file were i want or should i be placed in a special map or what?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

The files have to be publicly available.  You need to either have them accessible via http and specify the URL.  The location you are providing is local to your computer and Jira Cloud cannot access them.  If you can place them on a public web server you can update the file locations and the CSV import will work.   

Helpful Article

You can also do a bulk upload of attachments via the JIRA API.

Cant't i do like "drag and drop" with csv?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

Since you are uploading the CSV to the cloud and the application is processing the CSV the file location has to be something it can access publicly.  

Ok....

Eugen Eckmann July 15, 2021

Hello. Does anybody knows, if this limitation is stil the case in July 2021? 

if so, this limitation is really very very annoying and not up to date

Suggest an answer