Upload add-on from my computer hangs without any messages in log files

Oleksandr Presich August 7, 2013

Hello guys,
I've trying to install different plugins with UPM -> Upload add-on -> Upload from my computer, BUT uploading just hangs.

BTW, I'm able to install this plugins with UPM - Install, or manually to JIRA_HOME directory, but I can't upload them.

There is absolutely no information about upload starting in logs, even after I've turned on DEBUG mode.

Could you advise what else can I check to get any information what is the issue on my end?

I'm using JIRA 5.2.8.

7 answers

0 votes
Jero Dungog September 6, 2019

OP were you able to resolve this?
I am new to Jira plugin development and is encountering this one.
my plugin works properly on my local tests

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

can you restart the jira and try it, it may help you!

0 votes
Oleksandr Presich August 14, 2013

I've tried to add more memory to Java but that didn't help too..

0 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

Hi Oleksandr

What is the version of your Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin? You can check it in the Manage Add-Ons Tab, selecting System in the drop-down box in the middle of the screen. If it is not the last one v.2.12.3, please download it here, upload to your instance, restart it and see if the problem persists.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Carracedo.

Hello Ricardo, I've checked that also earlier an I have the last one: 2.12.3.

0 votes

Thanks for suggestions.

I'm expiriencing that not only for showed plugin, but seems for all of them - so I assume that something with my JIRA installation is wrong.

It seems that uploading do not start At All.

But, I do not see any ways to debug that.

@Alex
plugin vendors say in their documentation that uploading wth UPM should work - but it doesn't;
i'm able to install some of them manually, but the one I need can't be installed manually, only with Upload function (from vendors info)

@Rambanam
Unfortunately I've tried all browsers I know :) but that didn't help also

Now main question for me is - what can be the reason and how to DEBUG it? (regardless of vendors plugin and so on).

Sorry forgot to upload screenshot.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2013

did you tried in diffrent browsers? some time browser will give you the troubles!!

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2013

What plugin is? Maybe you can ask to the plugin vendor.

Is the right plugin version for your Jira version?

Ive experienced this, and I uploaded manually to JIRA_HOME/...

Suggest an answer