Unwanted fields show up when using Bulk Operation to edit issue fields

Bunty February 19, 2019

Hello All,

When I try using Bulk Operation under the Tools button to my costumed issue type.Bulk1.PNG 

I selected the Edit Issues and wanted to modify the field of this Issue type.

Bulk2.PNG

but the it displayed lots of fields that I don't think belong to this issuetype and I cannot find the field I want to modify. Below image is the unwanted fields example.

Bulk3.PNG

I want only see the fields belongs to the Issue type.

Thanks in Advance,

Bunty

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2019

The bulk edit can't do this - it offers all fields that are available to the issues being edited because that's what it is for!

What is the field name you are trying to edit, and what type of field is it (System field like summary, description etc, or a custom field?)

Bunty February 20, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Its Custom Fields.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2019

And the field name?

Bunty February 20, 2019

Story - Mat & Story - Code Review

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2019

So when you scroll down the list of fields, do you see "Change Story - Mat & Story - Code Review"?  They are sorted alphabetically, after the system fields at the top.

Jennifer Maurer April 26, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I found this while searching for an answer to this exact same problem. Can you provide any additional insight? I created a custom field called product (a picklist) and its added to all of my issue types and screens. However, it doesn't show up in the bulk edit list. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2023

It will only appear in bulk-edit options if it is available on every issue edit screen for the issues you have selected (at least for the issue types it is available for.  If the field is not on some of the issue types at all, it can still be set on the ones that it is available for)

Like Jennifer Maurer likes this

Suggest an answer