Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500

Ithamar Torres February 17, 2013

In a fresh installation (any version, for instance 4.4.3 , 5.2.4.1, etc) and after loading data from a production site (JIRA 4.4.1), which are imported without errors, when logging in again gadgets are not loaded and says this:

Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:introduction-gadget/gadgets/introduction-gadget.xml: org.apache.shinding.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500

Logs reports errors similar to this one:

2013-01-14 00:45:01,575 http-8080-7 WARN pedro.perez 45x205x1 1en7x8o 10.15.2.100,10.20.3.98 /secure/Dashboard.jspa gadgets.embedded.internal.GadgetUrlBuilder GadgetUrlBuilder: could not parse spec at rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:quicklinks-gadget/gadgets/quicklinks-gadget.xml

Keep in mind that the default gadgets work in the fresh installation and I start to crash after importing the data from the old installation, so I think is not a self-signed certificate issue like other posts in the forum suggest.

What should I consider or check out?

2 answers

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

Hi Ithamar,

HTTP error 500 means Internal Server Error, as you can see here. Since it only happens after the XML import, I believe it's something with the URL of this gadget.

So what happen if you try to remove and readd the gadget? Also, you may check JIRA base URL as it's used to render the gadgets.

Cheers

0 votes
Volkan Özdemir March 26, 2013

I just fresh installation and same error happened. I only changed port numbers and I don't upgrade it is new installation. I am using MSSQL. Also i can't login it says that : Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again.

Suggest an answer