Unable to delete a project

Hi,

I migrate my JIRA system to another server in my company. I dump database from one to the other and copy 'data' directory. When in my new server I want in Jira delte a project, I see this error:

Errors

• Exception removing project: Error removing issues: com.atlassian.jira.exception.RemoveException: Attachment path '/dades/atlassian/JIRA/JIRAHome/data/attachments/ATN/ATN-4' is not a directory

Any solution? I reindex my system but doesn't work for me...

Thanks in advance!

5 answers

1 accepted

Solved.

Steps:

1.- Stop the server.
2.- Delete the
directory 'cache' of JIRAHome. Ç
3.- Lock
and reindex JIRA.

I don't know why solve problem doing this steps because I don't copy 'cache' from the other systema and I
generate indexes again just import the database from the other system ...

Yes. The path exist in my new server.

0 vote
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Jan 29, 2013

Hey there, Daniel.

Can you ensure that you change the owner to the user that is running JIRA? After that, try to remove the project again to see if it helps?

Warm regards,

Danial

I don't change the owner that is running JIRA. The new server has a exactly copy of the other.

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jan 29, 2013

Hi Daniel,

does this path exist on your new server ? Is the data directory exactly at the same path as on the old one ?

looks like you may forgot transfering the data directory that holds attachments.

did you follow step by step instructions that were posted in this KB

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server

?

I only transfer directory 'data' from other system and dump of database.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,233 views 14 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot