Unable to complete install due to javascript error

Jacob Williams April 28, 2013

We are attempting a fresh install of Jira 5.2.11. We get to "Specify Your License Key" screen and hit a javascript roadblock. Does anyone know of a workaround? I have submitted a support ticket but have received no response yet.

As an aside: Does anyone else find it interesting that you need to successfully install a product BEFORE being given the 'keys' to your product?

4 answers

2 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Hi Jacob,

You should be able to retrieve your keys at anytime regardless of the installation step at http://my.atlassian.com. You don't need to access them via the setup wizard or installation process.

As for the error you've run into, I haven't seen this before. Most times when I encounter an error in the installation process, I start from scratch:

* Uninstall completely, drop database, recreate database, delete any files in the jira.home > better yet delete and recreate the jira.home directory. If using the installer, this is not removed when uninstalling. You need to go to the Atlassian \ Application Data \ <jira.home> and delete.

* Download a fresh copy of the desired product version

* Extract the download using a non-windows archive utility (seen problems with this too many times to remember)

* If not using the zip archive method to install, run the installer at this point.

Hope this helps!

Jacob Williams April 29, 2013

Ryan,

Unfortunately, a valid 'Server ID' is required before we can retrieve a license key.

This confuses those of us that are used to working with software keys.

0 votes
Jacob Williams April 29, 2013

Restarting the Jira instance multiple times 'fixed' the problem. Restarting the Jira instance another dozen times 'fixed' numerous UI bugs.

0 votes
Jacob Williams April 28, 2013

Matheus,

I've tried every browser I can think of.(Chrome, Firefox, IE(7,8,9)) Below is a screenshot of the debugging.

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2013

Jacob, I've seen a similar case where the person was able to enter the license key using Internet Explorer. Could you try that? Just make sure the Compatibility View is disabled on IE.

Suggest an answer