''Transition parent when all subtasks are resolved'' no longer working

Chris Rose February 28, 2013

So Here's what I've got.

• Sub Task blocking is enabled on almost every step on the Parent Workflow.
  • Transition Parent when all subtasks are resolved enabled on every step of all sub task workflows
  • All transition ID's have been double checked and are correct. All Subblocking status' are correct.
  • The Parent Transition function was working fine. It is now not working fine, but I'm not sure why.

I don't think I've changed anything within the workflows, so I'm really confused as to why this function has stopped working.

All plug-ins are up to date.

Some changes I have made;

I installed the status color .jar file
I have edited the preferences file so that the number of options outside the workflow button are increased to 4.

Is there anything else that could stop this from working?

6 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2013

I wouldn't have thought so.

> I have done. I've done single changes everywhere

I don't really understand what you mean - did you try the same workflow on another project and it worked, or it didn't?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

Well... something must have changed if it was working. You may have to rack your brains a bit more. Can you try the same workflow in a test project?

0 votes

I have done. I've done single changes everywhere. The only real solution I can see is to make a new workflow and copy it word for word and see if there's anything I spot, or if that fixes it in anyway.

Quick question, is it possible that adding things such as 'Only Users in this role can transition...' or Multiple subtask blocking set ups could simply cause them to cancel each other out?

0 votes

Hi.

It is a script runner function. I have updated the main post, but the problem is that the Parent Task is no longer automatically transitioning.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2013

Is this a function from the script runner or some other plugin?

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2013

What function isn't working ? Is it the subtask-block checking or the auto-transition parent when all subtasks are resolved?

Suggest an answer