Time spent (when resolving task) isn`t required

How to make field Time spent (when resolving task) as required field?

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

hey,

Sorry for the late responce.
You need to create a new screen (for example name it - Resolving Issue Screen) and add Time Tracking field. In the workflow, configure the transition (one that is used to Resolve the task) - add newlly created screen to Transition View. Then add validators - select "Field Required Validator" and in the "Field" configuration select "Time Spent".

Hope this will help.

Best wishes,

Tamara

Hi Sarunas,

You can add "Time Tracking" field to Transition screen (to screen when resolving issue) and set validator "Required Field" to "Time spent"

cheers

Tamara, could you explain a bit more? I`m quite experienced user, but still I failed to do what you have advised me. Thanks.

There is no such validator in vanilla JIRA 6.4.x. Either the info is outdated, or maybe an addon is required.

I think this refers to extra validators that are added when you install the free plugin 'JIRA Suite Utilities'

Tried... seems a bit complicated :)

Old question, however for those who are still looking for a better answer -- what if you don't need to log work manually at all and therefore no need to enforce it?! Check out the addon or website.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

25,948 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you