Time spent (when resolving task) isn`t required

saravicius October 17, 2013

How to make field Time spent (when resolving task) as required field?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tamara Tchavtchavadze November 20, 2013

hey,

Sorry for the late responce.
You need to create a new screen (for example name it - Resolving Issue Screen) and add Time Tracking field. In the workflow, configure the transition (one that is used to Resolve the task) - add newlly created screen to Transition View. Then add validators - select "Field Required Validator" and in the "Field" configuration select "Time Spent".

Hope this will help.

Best wishes,

Tamara

0 votes
George Mihailoff August 20, 2018

Old question, however for those who are still looking for a better answer -- what if you don't need to log work manually at all and therefore no need to enforce it?! Check out the addon or website.

0 votes
saravicius October 17, 2013

Tried... seems a bit complicated :)

0 votes
Tamara Tchavtchavadze October 17, 2013

Hi Sarunas,

You can add "Time Tracking" field to Transition screen (to screen when resolving issue) and set validator "Required Field" to "Time spent"

cheers

saravicius November 3, 2013

Tamara, could you explain a bit more? I`m quite experienced user, but still I failed to do what you have advised me. Thanks.

David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2016

There is no such validator in vanilla JIRA 6.4.x. Either the info is outdated, or maybe an addon is required.

Richard Crampton March 28, 2017

I think this refers to extra validators that are added when you install the free plugin 'JIRA Suite Utilities'

Suggest an answer