Time estimation is automatically set to 2 days for multiple issues

Gregory Demotchkine September 19, 2013

Urgent question.

Recently we have hundreds of issues theat were never estimated have been set automatically to 2 estimated and 2 days remaining. I want to know what caused this and how to prevent this from happening.

We have Jira 6.0.8

Jira Agile (latest version at the date of 20/09/2013)

Structure Addin.

What could have caused this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

What makes you think the estimates were updated "automatically"? JIRA has "bulk edit" capability, so any user who has "Bulk Change" permission could update estimates of many issues in a few clicks.

I would check "Activity" section on any affected issue, the "History" tab - it should show who updated the estimate and when.

For the record, I can tell that Structure plugin does not update remaining estimates and bundled synchronizers don't do that too. If you have your own synchronizers (developed in-house or by an Atlassian Expert) that update estimates, check them out.

Gregory Demotchkine September 24, 2013

Thanks for the response. and thanks for eliminating structure from my list of suspects.

It is is not possible using the bulk update to update any of the time tracking fields.

I tried using that workaround to wipe all of these 2 days estimations .

History Tab does not help, because either it was generic Admin user or Myself that did all of these 300 changes the same day around same time, so I know I did not do this. I'm pretty sure it was an addin, maybe GANTT or Jira Agile

Suggest an answer