Test steps format in Zephyr for JIRA

We are currently using Zephyr for JIRA <small>1.7</small>

We had a problem in testing by using this. The keyword in a long step would easily be missed or mis interpretated by testers. This might also due to the column width is fixed for tes steps.

Is there anyway we can add some formatting to each of the test step, Test Data, or Expected Results sections.

e.g. Bold, change text colour, italics etc.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

We'll take that as a feature request.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris. Looking forward to the new feature.

Lack of formatting makes your otherwise-amazing product difficult to use. I am very much looking forward to this feature. We at least need the ability to make fixed-width boxes so I can specify that a command should be run.

This is definitely needed to make this product usable.

In my opinion, this is a must have to input structured content in the expected test results field, especially if you have to go into detail.

It would increase the usefulness greatly.

And doesn't look very complex to implement.

Look forward to see it soon!

There is more than a year since this answer, is there a plan for when this feature is ready for release?

Are you still planning to do that? I think it's pretty crucial feature since tests should be "nice".

I am evaluating Zephyr for JIRA for the dev team I'm part of and I was really disappointed when I realised that you can't use the great JIRA mark up formatting facilities in Zephyr test steps. It impairs the ability to write good test cases in Zephyr severely. This came up 2 years ago and it looks like a lot of people think similarly. So I second Lukasz's question: are you still planning to do this any time soon?

Adding my +1 on this as well.

JIRA has Renders for many of its fields that can alter the view and indirectly allow structured text. If we even had the option to enable the Wiki style renderer for the test steps field it would be a huge step forward.

We use Zephyr Version: 1.7.3.1043
and also need this feature.

Thanks!

This is a must have for structured information in the expected test results field, if you have to go into detail.

Any update for this? We really need this feature.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,314 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot