Tasks are not leaving the assignee. Help appreciated!

Ben Weisman August 23, 2017

Hello,

Once in a while, when a Task is reassigned, it changes the assignee's name in the task but nowhere else. This means that the person who got it assigned to them can not see it in their queue. How/Why would this happen??

I've added some screenshots. This task should be assigned to Ethan but Christine still sees it in her queue and even in the list view is says that she is still the assignee which is not the case when looking within the task itself!

8-23-2017 1-21-52 PM.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-23-2017 1-21-26 PM.png

------------------------------------------------------

8-23-2017 1-20-50 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2017

How are you doing the assignment?  And are you refreshing the page that the calendar is on after the assignment?

It seems Christine is clicking on the Assign button. And she said it works fine 95% of the time but 5% the tasks seem to get stuck. I have not ever had this issue myself but I reassign tasks by clicking the actual assignee field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2017

So it pops up the box and asks her to select an assignee?

When she next reports it, can you check that the assignee has not been updated for everyone else as well?

Could you read the history of the issue to see if it is recording an assignee change?

Task history says she changed it, and it is reflected inside the task. Just not in any gadgets.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2017

Ok, are you refreshing the dashboard after her change?

Yes. :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2017

Ok, can you try indexing the project the issue is in, and then refresh the dashboard?

0 votes

An additional tidbit, I went into the task that Christine was asking about. I assigned it to myself and then back to him and that fixed the issue.....any ideas???

Suggest an answer