Tasks are not leaving the assignee. Help appreciated!

Hello,

Once in a while, when a Task is reassigned, it changes the assignee's name in the task but nowhere else. This means that the person who got it assigned to them can not see it in their queue. How/Why would this happen??

I've added some screenshots. This task should be assigned to Ethan but Christine still sees it in her queue and even in the list view is says that she is still the assignee which is not the case when looking within the task itself!

8-23-2017 1-21-52 PM.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-23-2017 1-21-26 PM.png

------------------------------------------------------

8-23-2017 1-20-50 PM.png

2 answers

An additional tidbit, I went into the task that Christine was asking about. I assigned it to myself and then back to him and that fixed the issue.....any ideas???

0 vote

How are you doing the assignment?  And are you refreshing the page that the calendar is on after the assignment?

It seems Christine is clicking on the Assign button. And she said it works fine 95% of the time but 5% the tasks seem to get stuck. I have not ever had this issue myself but I reassign tasks by clicking the actual assignee field.

So it pops up the box and asks her to select an assignee?

When she next reports it, can you check that the assignee has not been updated for everyone else as well?

Could you read the history of the issue to see if it is recording an assignee change?

Task history says she changed it, and it is reflected inside the task. Just not in any gadgets.

Ok, are you refreshing the dashboard after her change?

Ok, can you try indexing the project the issue is in, and then refresh the dashboard?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

442 views 6 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you