why?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2021

Hi @ren_xian xu

the question I would put in the center of thoughts is: "is the extended time needed to sync causing any issues?".

The amount of time is nothing unusual, compared to environments I happened to see in past - with similar sizes.

Probably there are some details in Active Directory varying for one directory (something tricky to spot, although you said configuration would be the same).
As long as it is not causing trouble it might be not crucial to debug - but I agree that it would be interesting to get to the bottom of this case.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

@ren_xian xu Welcome to the Atlassian Community.  

Synchronization time will differ depending on a number of things hardware, network connection, number of users, groups being synced, etc.  

It will also depend on the structure of the AD directory.  

10000 users at 147 seconds is not that long and seems typical.    The 4 second sync actually seems very short but once again it is really about what is being synced.  

If you compare the user directory configuration are they the same?  Are you syncing the same AD attributes?  Are you syncing to the same AD directory and are the users being pulled back filtered similarly in AD.  My guess is that is where the differences are and why the speed is different.

ren_xian xu May 26, 2021

user directory configuration is same

so i dont know why time is different

can i need provide support.zip

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

You would want to submit a support issue to Atlassian.  The community is a made up of other users.  Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer