Sum of backlog time estimates

Pietros July 12, 2017

Is there a way how to see a sum of all backlog items Remaining estimates? That is kinda super basic and yet I cannot find a way how to do that.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicolas Seronvalle July 12, 2017

Hi, 

When you create a sprint there is a marker that shows the time remaining and the estimated story points.

You can drag and drop this marker at the end of your backlog so it takes all issues into account.

Pietros July 12, 2017

Yeah, I know about this but I somehow cannot believe that we are forced to use this stupid workaround when obviously it would take a few minutes for Atlassian to implement a simple field below the backlog, the same way they do it for sprints...

Like # people like this
Nicolas Seronvalle July 12, 2017

Well it works quite easily :-) 

Whatever there are open suggestions you can vote for if you want an improvement on this.

Regards,

Pietros July 12, 2017

Sure, it works but it is a workaround for for something that is crucial and completely basic for a software used for software development planning. 

Also, if you backlog is large, then it involves scrolling and hoping you will not release the button..

Like # people like this
Natasha Dell February 18, 2019

Not an appropriate answer

Daniel Rodriguez del Villar Trimarchi February 19, 2019

What if I can't create a Sprint in my organization???

Like # people like this
6 votes
Paweł Josiek March 8, 2019

Hi guys. Has anything changed od that matter? I set up Jira and and my first project and just can't believe there is no such thing like sum of estimated time and sum of spent time per sprint. I checked both in Backlog view and Issues and filters view. How can I check how much time was spent on all tasks in selected Sprint? It's crucial for planning Sprints or even checking out if the project is on track (yes, I am aware of burnchart view but still seek for a simple list of tasks and sum below / above them...). Do I really need to install another paid addon to achieve this? (like Timesheet reports and Gadgets)

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 votes
Joanna Panowicz August 29, 2022

HI

I am not working in sprints, how can I check how much time would it take to go through all backlog tasks (original estimate) ?

Suggest an answer