Strange JIRA issue status added

Sicai Zhang August 25, 2022

Suddenly I found there is a status called 'IN' added and associated to many workflows. For those workflows previously the status was 'OPEN', not become 'IN'.

Questions:

1. How can this happen? 

2. How to change the 'IN' status to 'OPEN' status for those workflow simply? As I have 48 workflow, don't want to change it 1 by 1.

OPEN IN.JPG

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Bharathi ,

Thanks for your reply. However, the 'Open' status is still there. When I tried to change 'IN' back to 'OPEN', it's not allowed.

Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

Yes @Sicai Zhang, it wouldn't allow since you have a status with the same name already. In this case, you'll have to add the already existing Open status to your workflows and re-allocate all the transitions from the In status to Open. But this will again be like, editing each workflow one-by-one. I couldn't think of any other solution for this.

We'll wait to hear from others on this.

Please refer to this screenshot, thanks.

Open.JPG

0 votes
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Sicai Zhang,

This looks like the initial "OPEN" status was renamed as "IN" in any of its associated workflow which has caused this renaming to happen in all related workflows. You can try renaming this IN status back to Open so that it gets auto updated in all associated workflows.

Try and let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer