Stop sending notifications for the bulk operations done by project users

Aravindi Amarasinghe February 28, 2018

In JIRA, Disable sending emails operations for bulk operations are only available for JIRA/Project Administrators. 

Is there is a way to stop sending notifications for the bulk operations done by normal project users as well? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2018

Hi Aravindi,  Unfortunately it seems like this is only available to administrators.  From the documentation:

"To disable mail notification for a particular bulk operation, deselect the Send Notificationcheckbox in the bulk operation wizard. In order for this option to be available, you must be an administrator or project administrator of all the associated projects on whose issues the bulk operation is being performed."

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/modifying-multiple-bulk-issues-720416468.html

Carlos

Aravindi Amarasinghe March 4, 2018

Hi @Carlos Garcia Navarro 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I referred this document and I want to know if there are any other dirty way of doing that. 

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

I don't know any hack to allow this, sorry. :-(

Like aravindi.amarasinghe likes this
MatthiasRump July 31, 2020

Hi @Carlos Garcia Navarro ,

do you know if it possible to set the default for the Send Notification checkbox in the bulk operation wizard to false?

Regards Matthias

Like Chris Melville likes this
lececere November 17, 2020

I'm very interested in this functionality as well. We don't want to hand out project administrator because we don't want folks to change workflows, components, etc. because all of our projects are set up the same way so they roll up to leadership dashboards in the same way. Is anyone aware of a workaround or plug-in that would allow us to break out this functionality? Is anyone aware of a feature request that addresses this as well?

Oleksandr Chalyi December 14, 2020

We are facing the same challenge... following case is in Gathering Interest status, please vote, though it was raised in 2006:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-10962

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events