Sprint field does not display all sprints when searching

ClaireWolfe October 28, 2020

We just upgraded to Jira Server 8.11.  Now when users start typing in the name of an active or future sprint in the Sprint field, the search mechanism in the Sprint field does not always find the sprint.

For example, say my sprint is called "MyProject Sprint 5 Claire".  I can type in the Sprint field "MyProject Sprint " and it will show a list of possible sprints including "MyProject Sprint 5 Claire".  If I continue typing in the name, e.g. "MyProject Sprint 5 ", suddenly it says "No Matches".  Surely it should still find "MyProject Sprint 5 Claire".

Then if I cancel out of creating that issue, and then come back later, suddenly, the search is acting normally, and I can find "MyProject Sprint 5 Claire" if I search for "MyProject Sprint ", "MyProject Spint 5 ", or even just "Claire".

Has anyone seen this behavior or know why it is occurring?

Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
ClaireWolfe November 10, 2020

Atlassian support thinks this problem is due to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-20679

Unfortunately, the workaround in this bug report is not working for us.  So we will try upgrading to 8.13.1.

Leo Richard Petersen November 10, 2020

Thanks for sharing, this was very useful.

John Hastings-Kimball January 13, 2021

@ClaireWolfe have you upgraded to 8.13.1 yet?  if so, did it resolve the issue? My users are getting very restless!

ClaireWolfe January 13, 2021

Yes, we upgraded and it did resolve the issue.

Like John Hastings-Kimball likes this
0 votes
Andreas Göhl November 5, 2020

I have a similar problem in my environment.
We have a scaled agile approach with multiple teams working on the same project.
Each of the teams has it's own scrum board with it's own sprints.

E.g.
Team A has a scrum board with the following sprints:
- Team A Sprint 1
- Team A Sprint 2
Team B has a scrum board with the following sprints:
- Team B Sprint 1
- Team B Sprint 2

When creating a new story, not all sprints appear in the dropdown of the sprint field.

Suggest an answer