Specific Task Order for Specific Developers?

Tyler Trussell November 5, 2013

Hello,

Within JIRA, I would like to be able to set a very specific order for tasks to be completed by my developers.

I understand that any task can have a priority level, but if my developer has something like 20 tasks, this isn't enough.

I'd like to be able to set a very specific order for a developer to follow, and then be able to observe their progress throughout the day on the order that I have given them.

Is there JIRA functionality that I do not know about, or perhaps a Plugin that I could use?

Thank you!
Tyler

2 answers

2 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2013

Hi Tyler,

You can also take a look at the Structure plugin :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.almworks.jira.structure

That can help you to create a structure of tasks.

Best regards,

Peter

Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015

Some different ways of ordering tasks discussed in a blog post on ordered backlogs in JIRA.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

Hi Tyler

Try the tempo plugin. We had exactly the similar problem. Our devs used to come in the morning not knowing what they need to work on. With Tempo, manager can plan work for their devs and managers can monitor the progress on those based on the amount of time spent on the planned issue.

If you do not get into buying a plugin, the simple solution can be to define a filter with the order you want the issues to be resolved and have it added as a dashboard gadget filter results on your developers systems.

assignee=currentUser() and status = unresolved order by priority,severity, created date desc .....

Suggest an answer