Show incoming links on a page

Russell January 29, 2013

The 'info' page of a page has a box with incoming links that shows which pages have linked to that pages.

I have a page with a table listing links to sub pages of that page. In the table I want to include a description of incoming links to each sub page.

I can work around by using the URL for the 'info' page for each sub page in the table. However it would be nice if I could condense the information to just the incoming links information. Is there a macro that exists for that? Can I code a new macro, if so, then where do I find documentation for such?

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013
Russell January 30, 2013

The 'parent' and 'ancester' parameters of that macro look quite interesting for my application. Unfortunately it only shows incoming links for the current page; I am looking for something that shows incoming links of a specified page.

Also, I couldn't find an Adaptavist plugin in Atlassian Marketplace that looked like it provided that macro. Could you tell me which plugin to look for? Thanks.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2013

Hi Russell,

you can add the macro to the page, whose links you want to show, mark it as excerpt and include all the excerpts in your summary page.

Cheers

Thomas

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013
Russell January 30, 2013

Thanks Thomas. I already have an excerpt on the sub page which means I can't use a second excerpt with the default excerpt macro. However there is a plugin for multi-excerpt which looks like a reasonable solution: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/biz.artemissoftware.confluence.multiexcerpt.MultiExcerptMacro

Brandon Call August 20, 2020

I was so excited to see that this was solved... link broken. :(

Like # people like this
13 votes
Kenneth Ono June 23, 2015

Yet another instance of "great there's a solution, but not for me because I use cloud". Happens again and again with Confluence Cloud....

3 votes
Barry Kaplan May 12, 2016

Where oh where is my cloud? We are seriously considering dumping cloud as there is soooo many features not available on cloud.

And not to have something as critical as incoming links in the core product is very weak on Atlassian's part. 

1 vote
Adrian Hill May 5, 2015

Same same...is there a Cloud solution?  

0 votes
Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2015

Hi all,

About this 'Incoming Links' macro, I cannot set the 'scope' parameter correctly.

According to the official documentation, it requires to write:

My Page>children

On my side, if "My Page" is entitled "Canvas board", I should write:

Canvas board>children

Is it correct? Because it does not work, I get this error message:

Error rendering macro 'incoming-links' : Unable to locate the specified content: 'Canvas board'

Thanks in advance,

0 votes
Jan Vervecken May 27, 2015

You could consider giving feedback in JIRA issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35218.

Barry Kaplan May 16, 2016

Sure, created almost two years ago with 52 votes. It's like yelling into the abyss.

Like # people like this
0 votes
SSchoepel December 30, 2014

I looked at the incoming-link macro but it looks like it's "old" and part of ThemeBuilder. Is that true? I really just need the incoming links (and am in the Cloud right now, but will have a server soon).

0 votes
Natalie Wenz June 15, 2014

Hello,

is it possible to display incoming links from JIRA issues with that macro?

Suggest an answer