Show a screen by pressing a button with ScriptRunner

Jose Carlos Nieto November 14, 2019

Hello.

I have an installation of Jira v.8.4.1 with ScriptRunner installed, and I want to perform the following task.

Create a button in scriptrunner (Web Item) that, when pressed, shows a specific screen.

This screen will contain some specific fields (type and description) and when you make changes, you will have to clone the current incidence to a new one on the same project, but setting the values of the screen.

My problem is that I don't know how to show the screen when I press a button.

Thank you very much.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dar Kronenblum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2019

Hi Jose,

why not creating a workflow transition with transition screen? it will be much easier to achieve...

Dar

Jose Carlos Nieto November 18, 2019

Hello @Dar Kronenblum , thank you for your reply. I have not put it this way because this would force the incidence to transition to another state. This is not the desired behavior.

Thanks.

Dar Kronenblum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2019

@Jose Carlos Nieto 

not necessarily....

you can add transition from any status to itself - it won;t change the issue status

Jose Carlos Nieto November 18, 2019

You're absolutely right. It would be possible to do it this way.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer