Should I enable the query cache in MySQL for JIRA 6.3.15?

When using JIRA 6.3.15 and JIRA Agile 6.6.80, I see lots of repetitive queries. Those aren't particularly bad, but it makes me consider whether we should have the query cache turned on. We do this in our staging database and see a hit rate of about 30%. That's not really high enough to justify the overhead of a 70% miss rate, but that's staging where we aren't getting the same profile of queries.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The best answer is try it and see.   Nobody has your usage pattern.  The overhead cost is minimal for a few days of experimentation.

I was hoping for responses such as "we tried in once but it wasn't really worth it" or "we see a hit rate of 70%!!" However, this answer is probably the wisest. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

161 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you