Share filter with single user not a group

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2011

It's great to be able to share saved searches/filters to a group, works really well.

However, I would like to be able to share a search with one particular user and not a whole group, is there anyway? Creating a groupfor that one person is not a solution I am considering.

Any plugins add this magic?

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2011

There is a duplicate feature request has been raised here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-10158 which relates to this feature request: Support for Multiple Users and Single Selection

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2011

It's been a feature request since 2004 :-(

Like # people like this
Michael Kronenberg October 18, 2018

Very annoying, should have been addressed long ago!

Like # people like this
5 votes
Dmitry Sakovets December 19, 2018

Guys, this issue is NOT resolved! In 2018 there is no opportunity to share the filter with a single user/account.

1 vote
Kelsey Ruff January 12, 2021

Yes! Why is this still not a feature?!

1 vote
Aaron Pavez May 6, 2019

2019 and you cant share dashboard to a single user.

One thing you can you is to give your dashboard access to that particular user.

Shared Dashboards-> change owner

one thing though, that new owner must have access to the filter and dashboard. this is easier to do if the new owner its a jira admin or jira sys admin.

hope it helps

regard

Michael Kronenberg May 6, 2019

I don't see how this helps. If you give another user access to a dashboard but not to the filters that are rendered by the dashboard, that user will simply see an empty dashboard. So what's the point?

0 votes
Thuan Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2023

Hi @boardtc @Kelsey Ruff @MinC @Michael Kronenberg @Dmitry Sakovets @Narasimha murthy @Aaron Pavez 

Please follow the public ticket: JRACLOUD-26681

Please refer to the latest Atlassian Cloud changes Mar 27 to Apr 3, 2023

Or you can see the screenshots I captured and post here:

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 11.48.48 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-04-04 at 11.49.04 pm.png

The feature is being rolled out. So you will get the feature soon.

Thanks.

0 votes
Narasimha murthy October 22, 2020

Very annoying. its not ideal to create a group for single user to share the filter.

0 votes
Koby Korman May 6, 2020

Still no such feature. Not cool.

Suggest an answer