Secutiry level field not visible

Hi,

I'm testing security level schemes on our test jira envirement, I set up scheme, add security levels,  I have (as project administartor)  'Set Issue Security' permissions, field is added to the screens, When I'm checking "where is my field" tab it said that I should see it on the screen, although it's not there.

security level.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

The only possibility I can think of at the moment is that it might be shown a custom selection of fields, instead of all fields set to be potentially displayed.

Can you try this from either the Create or Edit Screen?

all.jpg

Note that the View screen won't generally show a field unless it has a value set, with some exceptions, so you might need to set a Security Level before being able to see it in the detailed view of the issue.

@Ignacio Pulgar [Tecnofor]Thanks a mill, so silly mistake I expected to see this field on view screene with value: none.

Glad to hear that! Would you mind accepting my answer? Thanks!

Sure, thanks again!

0 votes

You don't mention if you have associated the scheme with the project?

Yes I did associate the scheme with the project 

Ok, but that leaves us in a dead-end.  If the field is on-screen, the scheme associated, and you have set-security permission, then the field appears on create and edit. 

Even if you have no levels in it, it appears (with a single option of "none").

So I'm stuck.

Well that's my problem here. You can see on the screen below there's no feeld at the screen even though I should see it. I spend couple of hours reading documentation and community pages, could not find anything...

permissions.pngepic.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,387 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you