Search for jira-tickets from unknown users

Hi there,

if some users leave the company and they have Jira-Issues as reporter or Assignee or made comments within some Tickets the usernames get "unlinked" because they are unknown.

I tried to made a JQL like "project = xyz and reporter = my-unknown-user" but "my-unknown-user" is unknown and the filter doesn't work.

Is there any way to get all tickets where this unknown user was involved?

Kind regards
André

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Andre

Regarding the app. structure, JIRA is related to the username account and not the ID. So, just try to create another account using the same username, but using the internal directory (not LDAP).

After, just try to find the issues using the Issue Navigator and Bulk Edit the issues. Perhaps the following links could be useful to understand a little bit:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+%28%27Bulk%27%29+Issues

In case of further assistance, try to raise a new support ticket.

Kind regards,

Paulo Renato

Hi,

@Nic
If a user leaves the company his account is disabled in our active directory. After 6 months the account will be deleted.

@Paulo
thats not really what we want but I think there will be no other way...

Tanks anyway for the reply :-)

Kind regards
André

Hmm. I think you could be stuck - Jira needs the user ids in order to be able to look up their data, so if you're deleting them, it can't work with them.

This widget could not be displayed.

How do you make your users "unknown"? Are you deleting them, or renaming them?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

92 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you