Search for a partial Key across multiple projects

Damien Mackrill July 15, 2018

Is there a way to search for a partial key? For example some of our IT staff work across multiple projects but would like to be able to put in a partial number (54897) into the search field however currently it will only search the project they are currently in. 

Can a search on "key" be done via a filter or other method?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2018

Hey Damien,

To jump to a different project from the current when using the quick search you have to add in the "project key - issue number" where the intended functionality of adding the issue number only is to navigate to that issue in the current project.

This is covered in the Quick Search Documentation under the section Jumping to an issue 

Regards,
Earl

Damien Mackrill July 16, 2018

Thanks for that, I see that you can jump to an issue by either entering ABC-123 or ABC however what I want is to be able to cross project search by 123 and have it return all tickets that contain the 123 tickets.

Is that possible in any way?

Valdis May 24, 2019

I'm looking in similar question. Seems that by searching in quick search and typing only numerals, the most recent used matching project ticket is returned.

Greg Miklich October 3, 2019

Providing another vote for being able to 'wildcard search' by simply the integer value.  We also work across multiple projects, so being able to do a search similar to `issuekey contains 1234` is pretty important.  For some reason it's not coming up in the quick search (maybe it's not a recently view ticket), and having the ability in the quick search, but not in the full-blown search is not great.

Suggest an answer