Search Filter usage statistic

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

Is there a way to see serch filter usage stats? We have over 500 search filters and I think it is affecting performance of JIRA. At least I know that when I go to My Filters, it is very slow to display the page.

thanks

1 answer

1 vote
MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

Maybe this question can explain some things. Shortly, that functionality existed but was removed somewhere between versions 5.0 and 5.2.6.

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2013

Thank you for trying to help. But my issue is very differrent. I like to know out of 100s of saved search filters in JIRA which one is unused so I can go and delete it.

MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2013

Oh, I see. Well, did you try looking at your webserver's log file? It should log every url accessed by the remote clients, so you can filter (and count) those which are related to searches using filters. For example, in my log file, I see this every time I try to search for issues using a defined filter:

127.0.0.1 - - [02/Oct/2013:16:34:51 +0200] "GET /jira/rest/issueNav/1/issueTable/?startIndex=0&filterId=10000&useUserColumns=false&jql=&layoutKey=split-view&_=1380724491430 HTTP/1.1" 200 1986

Notice the "filterId=10000", which gives you the info you need :)

I hope it helps.

Suggest an answer