Scrum Board - Sub Tasks

I have 90 subtasks under 1 parent project. Right now my parent project is setup as Story and all the tasks under it are sub tasks. I am trying to create a Scrum board using a filter to bring in all the subtasks but nothing shows up on the board.

Filter Query: project = NE AND parent = NE-121 AND Status != DONE ORDER BY Rank ASC

What's the issue here? Thanks for your help!

3 answers

Hi Sonali,

Please read the thread posted https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/291555

And its not a best practice to have project set up as a story. JIRA provides JIRA project, Epics and Stories. Good to use Epic for a big part of work to be executed and then divided into stories to work in Agile Scrum and smallest tasks can be done as sub-tasks.

Hope this helps

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 vote

I assume you mean nothing shows up in planning - sub tasks don't show there because it's pointless - they follow the ranking of their parents, it's a logical nonsense to rank subtasks outside their parent.  Do they show on the board ok?

What happens when you enter that JQL in the "Search Issues"? Can you just use "Project = NE AND issuekey = NE-121" then in your board set it up so that the sub-tasks will be displayed?

Also, why not try using EPICS instead of Story then Sub-Tasks?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,304 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot