Same email is creating and issue every 2 minutes

We have a support queue set up to create issues automatically from email. Since yesterday afternoon, the same email is generating a new ticket every 2 minutes. There's no sign anywhere that this is an email bounce from the senders server. It just seems like a copy of the same email is hitting the system over and over and over. 

I only have access to front end admin and the person who handles the JIRA back end is on vacation. Is there ANYTHING I can do to stop this? I can go to our company IT if I have specific questions or requests but I don't know where to start. We're on v5.0.7.

HELP! 

Thx,

Kathy

1 answer

Hello Kathy,

Since you are on JIRA 5.0.7, this might be relevant for you. 

[Issue | https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Duplicate+Issue+Creation,+Comments+or+Notifications?utm_source=SAC&utm_medium=engineer_issuesuggestions]

There is also a workaround mentioned in that but upgrading to JIRA 6.3.9 and above will resolve the problem.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Michael

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you