SPAM projects

janp September 6, 2022

How can I avoid get spam notifications from projects like this?

https://ddrgnnp.atlassian.net/jira/core/projects/CSVY/board?selectedIssue=CSVY-40

The content of message was: 

<2A7> Your account balance 5705 EUR. Get now docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/678654/d/1VZuQ2iQY_lBoCxJ0Dl0m5DiA-5rbJrVqBWnGLma9zTU/preview?JEh 1:44 PM GMT

I never sign for such a project. It seems that all other task in projekt are just spam as well. 

Can I (or anyone) do something about it?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There are two things that might be happening here.

1) You are a user of that Jira system, and it has been configured to tell you things.

2) It's a malicious site.  Atlassian's anti-moron systems are not great, and let far too many bad people can create accounts which then can create free Jira systems that can be abused for spam.  

In case 1, talk to your admins about getting fewer emails.

In case 2, forward one email from the site to abuse@atlassian.com.  You don't need to add anything to it, send over many of them from the same site or explain that you think it is spam, just forward it and Atlassian will check what the site is doing and kill it if it's malicious or spammy.

janp September 6, 2022

I am not using Jira at all. I will forward the email to abuse@atlassian.com

Thanks

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Thank you. 

Every abuse report helps them reduce their malicious user count, they are always welcome.

Suggest an answer