SLA

Jira Softera June 30, 2021

Hello, I'm facing a problem with time tracking in our projects.

This is our 'Time to first response' time metric:

image.png

But somehow the 'Time to first response clock doesn't pause or stop even though the status was changed to 'In Progress' after it was created, even though the response time is within 16 hours (as you can see in a picture above):image.png

image.png
Also, if I drag a mouse into a green checkmark this is what I see:

image.png

When I drag it on a SLA breaches I see that it has a 3 month breach.

image.png

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

This looks odd to me when I consider typical TTFR. what is your initial status when you create an issue? Typically that is waiting for support. If that is the case in your scenario then your SLA seems fundamentally broken since you have pause on that status. Can you share an image of your workflow? Also your goal seems a little odd. You have 16 hours for priority critical and the same thing for everything else. So if it’s 16 hours for everything then just remove the priority goal.

Hey, thanks for a response.

This is our workflow:image.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Wow that is one complex WF. So, how do you get to W4S, I.e. from what status? I’m trying to understand the path to “pause”. If it goes thru In progress then it would simply stop.

We are managing projects that were already created, in other words we did not create the workflow and cannot comment on it very well. Here's how the 'waiting for support' status can be reached:

image.png

We have tried a lot of ways to stop the first response timer but it would not. (Different pause and stop options)

Suggest an answer