Restricting Big Picture plugin for certain projects / users

BerndB April 16, 2021

Hi,

we have a single Jira instance, which is used by several groups. One of the groups requires classical project management functionality for specific projects (such as Gantt charts). Therefore, we are evaluating the Big Picture plugin in order to see, if this fulfills the needs.

The visual impact of the plugin for projects which do not profit from the Big Picture plugin is however (unacceptably) high: by default, there is a lot of empty space in the UI, which might be filled with contents from Big Picture .... users can collapse these sections - but this setting is not persistent and they have to do that again and again.

Is there a possibility to restrict Big Picture to specific Projects?

Best

Bernd

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2021
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 18, 2021

Hi @BerndB

As you can see in BigPicture documentation, you can disable/enable Skill & WBS widget for certain projects or issue types in Jira Administration >> BigPicture Technical Configuration >> Widgets. 

Please let me know if this solution answers your needs. 

BerndB April 19, 2021

Hi,

thanks for the reply. That fixed the issue.

Best

Bernd

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2021

I'm glad to hear that. Just let me know if you have further questions @BerndB

Suggest an answer