Restrict creation of fields and values when importing via csv

We have a team whos process is to create 4k issues at bulk and then work those issues to completion. It is part of a conversion process so it will not work doing it one by one.

Since the issues basically have a set template save a few fields, I would like to automate this with importing via command line or through the admin menu. The problem is that I want to restrict it from creating custom fields and new field selections.

Is there anyway to do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

See if JIRA Command Line Interface runFromCsv will work for you.

Hi Bob,

I am prepping my spreadsheet now to test but will that fail the creation of the issue if the value in the CSV does not match what is in JIRA? I want to make sure no new values or custom fields are created due to mispellings like they are with the GUI import.

Thanks

Looks like it does. Now to bundle any failures into a log for easy ready. Thanks!

Secondary question - Any way to silence notifications via the command line? Version 5.0.3 and soon to be 5.2.x

Not sure I understand exactly what you are doing, but here are some answers:

1. CSV columns can be excluded by using a property file - see How to import JIRA issues using CSV
  2. How to limit notifications for automation actions

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

154 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you