Restrict Users shown in Watchers and Search Screen - Assignee System Fields

Jawahar Sinha September 24, 2019

Is there a way to restrict users shown on the Watchers system field and in Assignee field in search screen (in filters). Please guide me how this could be setup?

2 answers

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

You can limit which users are shown in assignee of a ticket by adjusting "Assignable user" permission of a project. There is no way to restrict watcher and voters, if they can see the issue they can add themselves.

0 votes
Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Hy @Jawahar Sinha

there is a permission in the permission scheme to "View Voters and Watchers", if that is what you are looking for. Only users/groups/roles configured to have this permission can see the users in the Watchers field.

If your question is more like "Can i prevent certain users to show in the Watchers field" - i dont know a way to do that.

I dont know of a way to restrict the visibility of the assignee apart from restricting access to the whole issue.

regards

Suggest an answer